CSQ SAGT Program
The SAGT program provides a pathway for experienced participants to gain an initial nationally recognised qualification in the construction industry. This program is not to be used to upgrade existing qualifications to current versions.
Eligible Participants can only undertake 1 Skills Assessment and Gap Training qualification in total across the Program.
Participants Must be ONE of the below:
- Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A Visa holder with relevant permission to work. – B. This does not include International Student Visas
AND must be ONE of the below:
- An Eligible Worker: Employed in Queensland within the Building & Construction Industry
- Self Employed in Building & Construction Industry
- An unemployed eligible worker (unemployed for a period not greater than 4 years who would otherwise meet the requirements of an Eligible Worker)
AND must be:
- Able to demonstrate RPL experience in 70% or more competencies required to complete the full qualification.
AND must not be:
- An apprentice or trainee.
- Through direct credit, achieve more than 50% of the minimum number of units required to complete the qualification.
- An Employee of an Authority
- *NB – a current exemption applies to Employees of Local Councils only if they are undertaking duties for building and construction work which would meet the eligible worker criteria.
- Currently enrolled and participating in another CSQ SAGT or Higher Qualifications program in the same contract term with the exception of the Certificate III in Waterproofing.
- Currently enrolled and participating in a school program.
- Contracted as a trainer and assessor or an existing worker of an RTO
- Already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of the relevant program
- Participant seeking a verification of competency.
CSQ funded Skills Assessment and Gap Training (SAGT) Qualifications for 2022 – 2023
Contact Us for corporate and individual pricing for these programs.
Eligible participants are able to undertake training in the programs below:
|Qualification Code||Qualification Name|
|RII30820||Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations|
|RII30920||Certificate III in Civil Construction (streams below)|
|Stream 1 – Bituminous surfacing|
|Stream 2 – Bridge construction & maintenance|
|Stream 3 – Pipe laying|
|Stream 4 – Road construction & maintenance|
|Stream 5 – Road marking|
|Stream7– Timber bridge construction & maintenance|
|Stream 8 – Traffic management|
|Stream 9 – Civil construction general|
Regions covered in this contract term
Central, Darling Downs,-Toowoomba, Far North, Gold Coast, Greater Brisbane, Mackay Whitsundays, Northern, South West, Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay