Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us


Do I have to book?

Yes, booking is essential to secure your training position. Please call on 1300 682 582 to discuss your options.

Is there parking available?

Yes, there is parking available onsite.

What are your business hours?

We are open 7.30AM to 5.00PM Monday to Friday. We also offer after hours and weekend training options, so please call us to make arrangements.

Do you offer after hours sessions?

Yes, we are flexible in our delivery. We run after hours sessions from 5.30pm-9.30pm Mon-Fri, along with weekend sessions – please call to check availability.

Do you offer on-site training?

Yes, in most cases we can come to you.

What do I need to wear?

Preferably we would like you to wear work boots and long pants, we will provide high visibility vests. However if you do not have work boots, closed in shoes are acceptable.

What if I can’t make a session I have registered for?

If you believe you are unable to attend, please contact Current Training to re-book.

Do I need to be over 18 to train with Current Training?

An age restriction of 16 years and over applies to most of our courses however you must be 18 years and over for all WorkSafe licenses and Elevated Work Platform Association competencies.

What happens if I do not pass my assessment?

If you do not pass a practical and / or theory component of your assessment, you can come back for a free-reassessment. The reassessment must be booked and completed within 30 days of your original course date. If you do not attend you reassessment within the 30 day period you will need to pay a fee for reassessment.

What is the difference between a credit transfer and RPL?

RPL stands for Recognition of Prior Learning. This means that we acknowledge that you already know your stuff and have been doing this for a while now so there is no need to study upfront. You can go straight to compiling and submitting your portfolio of evidence for the unit. A credit transfer is where you are already studied this unit in another course. If you are able to provide a Statement of Attainment or Transcript that shows the unit/s code and we can cross check these against the units in this qualification and give a credit transfer. Where some people get caught out is that sometimes the Government updates the content of the unit and it becomes what is called “superseded”. This means that the unit content has changed enough that you need to study the unit again and therefore there is no credit transfer available. The website can be of assistance in checking individual units for currency.

How long will it take to complete the enrolment process?

All learners at Current Training must complete enrolment forms and a Pre-Training Review. This takes around 30-40 minutes. This can be done in person at our Training facility up until 4pm Mon-Fri. Learners must supply their License and Medicare card for ID purposes.

How long will it take to get into a course? When is your next course starting?

We cannot always give specific dates for courses. We run a live booking system so we don’t offer dates unless the learner is: – applying for a short course – is Fee-for-Service (FFS), or – making the booking in person. After enrolment is processed, learners will receive a call from the booking department advising of available dates. Note: courses are run on a regular basis but are dependent on learner numbers.

Do you run night courses? Or weekend courses?

We do not run night courses. We are able to provide weekend courses however they are held infrequently and are limited by the number of learners requiring a weekend course.

What is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?

An RTO is a training organisation that is approved and accredited by a State or National regulator for Australia’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. The national regulator regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are consistently met through the implementation of a risk based approach towards the application of the current VET Standards.

How can I check and verify Current Training is a RTO?

Current Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and code/number is 5768. Full details of the registration include the scope of training products can be viewed on

Is the training Nationally Recognised?

Current Training offer both accredited and non accredited training. Under each course outline, we will clearly advertise the type of training whether it is accredited or non accredited including if and what AQF outcomes can be achieved.

Can Current Training come to us and or run courses for private organisations?

Yes, we can cater for group training requests across QLD. If you would like to arrange a group training session at your workplace, contact our office on 1300 682 582 and we will work with you to arrange a suitable date.

Do you offer Traffic Controller employment opportunities to people who pass the course?

No, Current Training is a registered training organisation and only offers training services.

Do I need to pay when enrolling?

Yes, enrolments will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment. If you have any trouble please contact our friendly staff on 1300 682 582. For full details on our Fees, Charges, Refund & Cancellation Policy please visit our homepage.

How far in advance do I need to book my course?

We are happy to take bookings up until the day before the course commences, provided there are still places available. Due to high levels of interest in many courses, we recommend that you enrol in advance to secure your place.

Do you ever cancel courses?

We make every endeavour to avoid cancelling or delaying a course, and only under exceptional circumstances would that happen. We would aim to reschedule a cancelled course at the earliest opportunity.

I am now unable to attend the course I have enrolled in, what can I do?

You have a few options: – You could either transfer your enrolment to a more suitable date – You could nominate a different attendee instead of you – You could cancel your enrolment There may be fees involved in cancelling your enrolment, and you will be informed of these and the circumstances in which they may occur at the time of your enrolment. For full details on our Fees, Charges, Refund & Cancellation Policy please visit our homepage.

What is your cancellation policy?

All cancellations, transfers or changes of training course enrolments/bookings must be received in writing. If you advise us in writing more than 7 working days prior to course commencement, we will provide you with a full refund or transfer to another course date(s) without additional cost. If you cancel within 5 working days prior to course commencement no refund will be paid.

Can I get a refund if I dont attend training?

There will be no refund for non-attendance at a course however an alternate person may be substituted prior to the commencement of the course at no additional cost.

Will I be refunded if I dont pass the course?

If you are not deemed competent, or if you withdraw after training has commenced no refund is payable.

What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?

From the 1st of January 2015 students must register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and provide this when enrolling in any accredited training. A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters that gives students access to their USI account. A USI will allow an individual’s USI account to be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection allowing an individual to see all of their training results from all providers including all completed training units and qualifications.

What time does my course start and what is the duration of the day?

All courses will be between 8.00am to 4.30pm, unless otherwise specified. You are required to arrive at 7.45am.

Funding options for User Choice Programs

Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work with structured training and can be full-time, part-time, or school-based – where some of the training is undertaken while the apprentice or trainee is in high school. To undertake an Apprenticeships & Traineeship with Current Training you must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification. Existing employees may undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship.

Information for Apprentices

  • The prospective student must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification.
  • You do not need a secondary school certificate or other qualification to be able to do an Australian Apprenticeship.
  • You can do an Australian Apprenticeship if you are a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers.
  • You can even begin your Australian Apprenticeship while you’re still at school finishing Years 10, 11 and 12
  • Australian Apprenticeships offer opportunities for you to train, study and earn an income at a variety of qualification levels in most occupations as well as in traditional trades.
  • As an Australian Apprentice, you can combine time at work with training, and can be either full-time, part-time or school-based.
  • When you finish your Australian Apprenticeship, you will have a nationally recognised qualification that can take you anywhere in Australia and one that is held in high regard in many overseas countries as well.
  • You will have many options for your future to think about and choose from.

For further information, read the Australian Apprenticeships – Endless Career Possibilities brochure or if you want to become an apprentice give us a call or read more here (

Information for Employers

Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers?

Employing an Australian Apprentice is a smart investment in the future of your business. Investing in training through an Australian Apprenticeship can provide your business with real benefits and contribute to your bottom line. A range of financial incentives may be available to you when you employ an eligible Australian Apprentice.

Did you know there is also a 50% Payroll Tax Exemptions for employing Trainees/Apprentices?

Important Information:

Control Traffic with a Stop Slow Bat

Are there pre-requisites I must meet to do this training?

Yes, there are. You must have the following. Pre-requisites for this training are as follows: – Must have held your license to drive a car during the last 5 years – Must have a white/blue construction induction card – Must have good hearing, good eyesight – preferably not be colour blind – Must be able to stand for long periods – Must be able to pass a criminal history check.

Are there any other expenses involved?

Yes. It should also be noted that course costs do not include your application fee to the TMR for accreditation. These will be approximately $228.10.

Do I need a USI number?

From January 1st 2015, trainees are now required to have a USI number to undertake any training with any provider. Following this link and stepping through the process with your Drivers license number handy, will see you issued with a number quickly. **Please ensure you bring this number with you to your training session.**

What do I bring to training?

Please bring with you, your USI number, drivers license, and white card as we will need to take photocopies on the day.

How do I pay for the course?

You have several options for payment. Credit card is the easiest, internet transfer is an option and it should be noted that payment for the course is required up front and a booking fee of $50 may be charged if you are unable to pay in full when booking.

How long does the course go for?

The course is effectively a 28 hour course. You do 8 hours in the training room for the theory component and then we organise your industry placement for your 20 hour practical component of the training.